There ARE financial incentives for your installation - whether you're a homeowner, business owner, or non-profit:
* 30% Tax Credit from the Federal Government
* Oregon Department of Energy Incentives for Solar and Solar+Storage
* Energy Trust of Oregon funding for PGE and Pacific Power Customers
* Utility specific incentives - YMMV - for smaller PUD's
* 30% Federal Tax Credit from the IRS
* Energy Trust of Oregon Funding for PGE and Pacific Power Customers
* Accelerated Depreciation of your project (net effect = Taxes not paid on revenue that is equal to the depreciated amount - Full value of asset depreciation available in year one)
NEW for 2022-2032:
* Tax Credit is now available to 501(c) filers in the form of a cash disbursement from the US Treasury (which means your tax credit is no longer wasted or lost) - known as "Direct Pay"
* Energy Trust of Oregon funding is available to PGE and Pacific Power customers
* Depreciation of this asset (meaning you'll be able to decrease your claimed revenues, equal to the value of the asset. This will reduce/eliminate any tax liability to the 501(c) filer, thus helping to maintain non-profit status).